The CAD for the King Air was obtained from Thingiverse
Stallion 3D is a 3D aerodynamics analysis software package developed by Dr. Patrick Hanley of Hanley Innovations in Ocala, FL. Starting with only the STL file, Stallion 3D is an all-in-one digital tool that rapidly validate conceptual and preliminary aerodynamic designs of aircraft, UAVs, hydrofoil and road vehicles.
Version 5.0 has the following features:
- Built-in automatic grid generation
- Built-in 3D compressible Euler Solver for fast aerodynamics analysis.
- Built-in 3D laminar Navier-Stokes solver
- Built-in 3D Reynolds Averaged Navier-Stokes (RANS) solver
- Multi-core flow solver processing on your Windows laptop or desktop using OpenMP
- Inputs STL files for processing
- Built-in wing/hydrofoil geometry creation tool
- Enables stability derivative computation using quasi-steady rigid body rotation
- Up to 100 actuator disc (RANS solver only) for simulating jets and prop wash
- Reports the lift, drag and moment coefficients
- Reports the lift, drag and moment magnitudes
- Plots surface pressure, velocity, Mach number and temperatures
- Produces 2-d plots of Cp and other quantities along constant coordinates line along the structure
For more information, please visit http://www.hanleyinnovations.com/stallion3d.html or call us at (352) 261-3376.